Thursday, March 27, 2008

ready for K-garten

Well ,we have registered Tucker for Potter Gray. Next comes the Physical and the eye exam. Well because Tucker has not really had to go to the doctor for much in the last 3 years ( minus 3 sets of stitches) I was a bit worried about his check up. Well I must say it wasn't too bad. He weighed in at 40.5 pounds and was 47. 5 inches tall. He fell into the 50th percentile in both. She said he is just plain old average. I was next concerned with the ear infection that she found that I had no suspicion of. So here we go with antibiotics. YUK!!! Then came the grueling words.... " he will receive four shots today"... WHAT!!! you can't be serious. I thought it would be just 1, not 2, not 3 but 4! I panicked. He looked at me with those sad Tucker eyes and I just reassured him it would be okay. She came in and he was excellent!! He sat so still and held both arms and one leg out for her to inject( very slowly I might add) one after another. He was allowed to go to the treasure chest but opted not to get anything. I think his feelings were hurt ( seriously, I know it sounds funny ) but hew just wanted to leave. So, we did. He wanted to get in the very back and he sat there and cried silently. I really broke my heart!! Praise the lord that we won't have to get anymore until 2014!! Next comes the eye exam but hopefully(pain free) after that we will be READY to begin the next phase of our school life, K-5. :)

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Poor Tucker! Those K shots are not fun! Maddy HATES shots and is terrified of them. After her K shots, the nurse/doc promised her there would be no more for several more years...lo and behold when she went back for her 6 yr old check up, they decided everyone needs another chicken pox booster or something, so she had to get one then! She was very hurt by our betrayal. So I'm just saying, don't be shocked if they keep changing the rules on you!

Hooray for Kindergarten!