Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ansley and the terrible 2's.

I knew that the 2's were going to be tough but man I just didn't expect them to be so trying. I pretty much have to hold her all day long. She now randomly wants a bottle all the time. She doesn't want me to hold Trapper at all. She repeatedly tells me that I am not the boss. she wants to wear her princess costume most of the time, and it has to be with out clothes underneath ( when it used to not matter). she must have on big girl underwear although she refuses to use the potty- although in her defense she pottied last night. She must eat her scoo -nacs ( fruit chews) every morning before breakfast and she constantly wants to wash her hands and remove her clothing if even a drop of liquid gets on them. UGhhhhh!!! will this craziness ever end???

In the meantime she has become very sweet and in-tune with other things as well. Her new favorite baby doll is one my aunt gave her for christmas and she has cleaverly named it "Dirty". Her other baby's names are Bin Tin and Angie. She likes to prentend a lot as well that she has a baby. She also really likes to play doctor and will give you a shot upon request. I just wish that real ones felt like hers. If she does go into the medical profession she will be great and painfree :). She is still crazy about shoes. Her Ampa had gotten her a giftcard for payless and we made a trip there today. She tried on every pair of shoes in her size. boots , flip flops, dress shoes, crocs, and tennis shoes. She thoroughly enjoyed herself and would let everyone in the store know that the shoes were sooooo cute after letting out an ahh.

Hopefully we can get past the crazy tantrums soon and we'll get back to my sweet girl.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Great post Larie! I am just sitting back thinking of all the things I have to look forward to with Zoe. Ansley sounds like she's a girl that knows what she wants!

Melanie said...

So, the PMS has started early at your house? Ours too. At least you know what to expect out of her teenage years :) Seriously, though, 2 was hard for us too (and Jack's has extended into the supposedly "terrific" 3s)...the best advice I got, that helped me through those "days of discipline" was that 1)this too shall pass, and 2)better to deal with that strong will now, when it's bottles and bedtimes you're dealing with, than ignore it and wait until it's car keys and curfews! Have you read Dobson's "Dare to Discipline" or "Strong Willed Child"? Sounds like you got one of those! Me, too...I think every family needs one!!

Glad you're posting again--I missed you, blog buddy!

Melanie said...

ps. Sorry I'm a long commenter...that's why I don't always comment. I leave voicemail messages like that, too. It's a problem I have. Sorry!