Wednesday, January 16, 2008

93

For those of you that don't know I now stay at home with my Grandmother who has graciously stayed home with me most of my life. She has cared for me, driven me, fed me, spanked me, kicked my husband out of our house(when we were dating), made me clothes, knitted and crocheted me blankets and scarves, taught me how to be creative, taught me my multiplication tables, made the best cooked apples in the south, gave me my love for lemon drops, given and given and given some more, made me laugh at just about everything and She is my Nannie and I love her!
I was given the opportunity to give a little bit back to her when she need someone to sit with her this past fall. So, in good spirit I volunteered to stay home and have her come to my house everyday. Yesterday, January 15th she turned 93. I am so glad that my children will get to spend some time with her, even if her cheese is sliding off her crackers. She is not all the way with us these days but it does make for some good laughs. She and Ansley Jane have become quite the friends. Happy Birthday Nannie!

2 comments:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Tisk, tisk, tisk...I have love your stories about Nanny, cucumbers and all =)!

Anonymous said...

I also have special memories about my grandmother and they are GRAND.
Your doing this for her will give you jewels in your crown in Heaven. God Bless you
Shelia Dunn