Thursday, October 25, 2007

The oddities in life

did I spell that right? Well anyway.. I had a great day yesterday and decided that since the kids had been so well behaved that I would take them out for a little bit while waiting for church time to come. I had recently been nominated to be the ring leader to decorate our church for christmas.(which is new for our church) I thought I would get some ideas at Hobby Lobby and compare prices on trees. Well I did just that and then allowed Tuck to look at the halloween costumes in the fabric section to get an idea for what he wanted to be THIS week. (2 weeks ago it was a cowboy, last week it was a bomb squad member and this week was a martian/ astronaut thingy). So time came to go eat at Anmas house and then to church. Well, in the middle of eating Weston comes in and says "Dont that have to wear costumes to church tonight" I let out a big fat OOOOOOPPPS!. So he said we'll have to go get something. I retched at the idea of paying the halloween prices for a costume because I know I can make something much better and for 1/2 the price. Well we ended up at Party one and tucker was in Kid heaven. He choice of the night was a ninja and AJ really wanted to be Spiderman, but Dad And I thought she should be a fairy or something more girly. Well, we got a fairy costume and come to find out 1/2 the costume was not even there. UGHHHHH! that place really gets me. ( not only did it have 14.99 on it and marked out and replaced with 18.99 pieces were missing!!!) Well that just shows you that making your own is better! anyway, AJ got to be herself and Tucker was a Ninja and I wish I had a Camra to show you how he walked into church all sly just like a ninja. he was adorable. So needless to say, I am going to try to come up with a superman, spiderman something for AJ. Oh yea, to beat it all on the way home Weston tried to take the incomplete costume back to Party one and they say all sales are FINAL. He pleaded with the clerk stating that all the pieces were'nt even there and she reluctantly returned the 20.00 we spent for a piece of tulle. Go figure. I just thought it was odd that I spent 20 mintues letting him look when we really needed something for the party at Church. that is just how my life works out. I guess it makes for some fun stories.

1 comments:

Melissa D said...

Well, you shouldn't feel too bad since we did show up to church without costumes on... I felt awful but we haven't been lately on Wed. nights and I didn't even know they were supposed to wear them. I've got to get with it!